Soil Building Program
Since Soils Alive's inception in 1997, we have developed, tested and perfected an organic based approach to the otherwise conventional year round treatment plan for lawns and landscapes. Our Soil Building Program is a sustainable, timed and measured method that addresses the specific needs of your landscape throughout the year. The results of our program are achieved by applying our Liquid Compost that is made in house coupled with organic fertilizers and amendments. While this is a results driven method, visual results do take time depending on the preexisting condition of the landscape. The basic rule of thumb in organics is, "The first year is sleeps, the second year it creeps and the third year it leaps!"
Once our Soil Building Program begins, all of the following are included:
Eight Soil Building Treatments
- Treatments are interspersed throughout the year in accordance with the seasonal conditions.
- Treatments cover your lawn, shrubs, flowerbeds and trees 15' and below.
Customized Treatment Plan
Based on comprehensive analysis of soil and growing conditions of your particular area, Soils Alive will develop an individualized treatment plan and regimen to best address the needs of your landscape.
Disease Monitoring and Control
Identification and treatment of brown patch, take-all, black spot, entomosporium leaf spot and powdery mildew.
Insect Monitoring and Control
Complete treatment of grub worms, chinch bugs, aphids, scale, spider mites and leaf eating caterpillars.
Our Soil Building Program contributes to a healthy, vibrant and green lawn — the best deterrent of invasive weeds. In addition, we offer these weed control solutions:
- Organic Weed Control: Spot treatments with non-selective organic herbicides.
- Conventional Weed Control: Treatment with chemical selective herbicides and pre-emergents. The rest of your Soil Building Program will be completely organic, but we'll supplement with chemical weed control if you select this option.
- No Weed Control: If you'd prefer to take care of weed control on your own, you have that option!
We do not use weed control in the flowerbeds. We recommend pulling and regular mulching to prevent the emergence of weeds in these areas.
If necessary, Soils Alive will apply extra fertilization and/or amendment treatments at no cost to improve lawn or shrub color, density and health.
When it comes to the appearance of your lawn, we’re not happy until you are. Your lawn should be the envy of your neighbors!
Extended Service Items (additional fees apply)
- Fire Ant Control
- Nutsedge Control
- Excessive Weed Control Application(s)
- Insect/Disease Control for Trees Over 15'
- Microbial & Mycorrhizal Inoculation
- Deep Root Fertilization
- Mosquito Control (Dallas County only)
- Consultations for non-clients