Holiday guests on their way? 5 Quick Tips to Tidy Up the Landscape!
Holiday guests arriving? Quick tips to tidying the landscape and creating a wonderful welcome.
Thanksgiving guests are arriving and you realize the garden needs tidying, especially after the killing freezes in the Dallas area recently. Like us, we’re pretty sure most of you want things to look great when the family shows up for the holidays; but also like us, we know you don’t have a lot of time! Don’t panic: Set aside a couple of hours and follow a few of our tips and your landscape will look refreshed and ready for guests.
- Mow: A quick mow of the lawn will do wonders for your curbside appeal. A freshly mowed lawn always looks tidy. Right now, your lawn has slowed its growth so a mowing this week should last you for a few weeks.
- Edging: Pay special attention to around the borders of the driveway and path to the front door, plus around the edges of your garden beds. Clean and tidy edging will go a long way to making the overall landscape look refined.
- Mulch: While you probably know mulch will help save water in your landscape and suppress weeds, you might forget how clean and fresh a top-dressing can make your landscape look! A quick top-dressing of mulch around your garden beds will make your entire landscape look like it was just tended by a professional. No time to weed beds? Cover them in mulch and weed the garden later.
- Planted Pots: Does your porch say “Welcome”? If not, you still have time to do a quick spruce up to your entryway. Potted plants add color and a warmth that will say hello before you even open the door. Oftentimes you can find pre-potted containers at your local garden center. Simply slip them into a larger decorative container and your porch will look instantly more welcoming .
- Declutter: Clean up the toys, sweep the porch and steps, straighten items near the front door and give the walkway a sprucing. Park in front of your home and walk the path that guests will walk to see it through their eyes. You may not have noticed the coffee cup sitting on the front step that’s been their for a week, but your guests will!
Get the whole household involved and you’re landscape will be party-ready in no time! Have a wonderful holiday everyone!